Monday, June 13, 2011

Plans, Plans, and more Plans

For those of you who were reading my other blog I decided to delete that one and start anew. The reason? I changed the direction of the last blog and I just felt like everything was jumbled so I wanted a fresh new "sheet." The posts will be similar but we are about to start on a new journey that will prove to lead to some great memories and great stories. So sit back and enjoy this journey that includes two people and a dog.

Saturday morning Chris and I got the news that it's time to move on. Literally. We have been blessed beyond belief with the opportunity to live in the home we do and help it come back to life but it is now time to move on. My dad came down and told us that if you're going to build you better start now. So with that swift motivation we are quickly underway. We have 1 year to build a place to live and start the next journey in life. Now if you know me at all you have an idea that I can be a bit of a picky person. So with that being said panic quickly set in. Not only because Chris and I had separate plans for the day and no time to actually talk but also because how am I supposed to plan the house of my dreams in 6 months?!? Chris is the more calm and collected one and simply said let's do what we always talked about. So we quickly agreed that we would build his garage with a living space above so we had time to decide on a house that worked for us and I could figure out what exactly I wanted to build. Since Saturday it has been a whirlwind of searching for plans, realizing which ones worked, didn't work, and were just plain silly.

A 3 car garage it is, 1100 sq. feet of living space, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath upstairs, walk in closets, living room, kitchen, and a pantry. As far as the garage goes all I want is somewhere to park my car so I no longer have to clear off snow. Chris will be in charge of the garage but it will consist of places to park the cars, a workshop, and a utility room.

Join us for this journey that will prove to be one for the memory books.

No comments:

Post a Comment